Afternoon instruction at Opportunities Academy focuses on three key elements of skill building: Independent Living, Community Access, and Employability. During this time, students practice
- making friends, helping others, and building a community.
- independently doing daily chores for home living success.
- using assistive technology.
- using everyday math and reading skills.
- building healthy habits and routines.
- using public transportation and navigating the community.
- accessing the community: library, movies, bank, mall, museums, gardens, public pool, healthcare, and grocery stores.
OA students also receive any counseling, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech services outlined in his or her IEP.
Note: During the pandemic, students are learning in virtual sessions or on campus 2 days per week. Related services are being delivered virtually.